I have a system that CW built a couple years ago (which still rocks btw, thanks Chris!) based around the then new nVidia 680i SLI board. At the time I was more interested in gaming than audio, so I went with the Creative X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty board with the front panel break-out box.

Now, I'm going to invest in a pair of high-end speakers and a couple of mono-block amps, and am discovering that Creative is one of the worst cards for audiophile listening. I am looking at http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/ProFire610.html as an option, an external sound card (and more).

Question is, do you folks think I will have any issues with conflicts with the Creative card if I get a secondary card, wither external or internal? It works fine for me for gaming and I don't have any great need to dump it, but I do have a great need to find a high-quality audio sound card.