Ditto on B...

Scott

On Mar 31, 2009, at 10:16 PM, Greg Sevart wrote:

Not that anyone should still be making crossover cable in the days of
auto-MDI/MDIX...

FWIW, I use B simply because it is, as you say, more popular. Most generic
patch cables I've found are B.

Keep in mind that stranded cable is generally recommended for patch cables, and solid for runs. Stranded cable handles the stress of being bent and
handled better, though I generally don't bother for my home network.

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com [mailto:hardware-
boun...@hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of Bobby Heid
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 8:50 PM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] Making my own network cables

I guess I should have searched before asking.  Sorry.

For other that may want to know, my research shows 568B to be the most
popular.  Either one is ok as long as both ends are the same UNLESS,
you are
making a cross-over cable. The you would use 568A on one end and 568B
on
the other end.

Thanks,
Bobby