Hello All,
Here's an odd problem - I have a system (this is actually the second machine to do this) - after removing infections, the system boots to Safe Mode fine, I get that message saying "Safe Mode...blah blah blah..." and you have to click Yes to run in Safe Mode or No to run System Restore. I click Yes, the desktop comes up, but when I try to run anything (as an example, if I click Start/Run and try to run CMD), the screen goes blank and then the Safe Mode message comes up again as if I had just booted up. I'm thinking a file has been damaged in Windows. I tried System Restore with no luck, and on the last machine I reinstalled Windows, but if I could replace the damaged file and have a functioning Windows, I'd rather do that.

Anyone have any ideas or see this before?