LOL, or GAY-lo as I tease kid my kiddies about here when they play the old xbox version. After playing Crysis & Stalker level of realism I have to laugh at them playing 1999 Quake2 level graphics & unrealistic cheesed-out game play. =)

Obvious start, lower all graphics settings (starting 1st with lowering rez down to 1024x768 or 800x600) to see if it improves since it could just be a combination of settings Halo2 doesn't like. If still it stutters or lags you got bigger problems. Be on the lookout for HDD thrash a common source of issues I've seen.

Bobby Heid wrote:
Hey,

I just loaded Halo2 on my Core I7, Vista 64, and NVidia GTX 285 system and
when moving the mouse left and right, it is really choppy feeling.  It plays
worse than on my old  p4 3.0 GHz system.

Has anyone else seen this? If so, were you able to correct it?

As a frame of reference, I have COD WAW maxed out and it does fine.

Thanks,

Bobby