Winterlight,
From your send, THE card you got back from the original RMA is now "WhoKnows."
If this card still works, except for temps, put a better cooler on it and go.
Kiss the warranty goodbye!

What "warranty" are you worried about? Most of those warranties die prior to the buyer (you) level.
Well, as I read this List anywho......and personal experience!....... :)

Key part is to be sure that the GPU did not become unhappy. A tough call, yes, I know. And, I suppose with all these modern video cards, my suggestion may not be as easy as in the old days..... Replacement coolers could be tough to find..............Modern tech can still be a giant PITA!

Luck Bro...........
Best,
Duncan