Sounds good, I can go with that. I've doctored XP to be very small and lite -- so much so that a lot of stuff doesn't work...lol.

Joe User wrote:
Hello Steve,

Sunday, May 17, 2009, 10:48:45 AM, you wrote:

I've got a 1.2GHz Duron and a K7S5A Pro MB laying around and I'd like to
set up a computer to show videos while I'm on the treadmill.

I'm not trying to do HD and I'd guess that XP would be a little too slow? What about some version of Linux and a video player, would that
do the trick?

XP would be fine just add plenty of ram (greater then 512 IMO) and
turn everything down such as UI effects, useless services, etc.

database 4080 (20090515) __________

http://www.eset.com