From: maccrawj <maccr...@gmail.com>
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Sent: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 11:18:29 -0700
Subject: Re: [H] Dell XPS 435MT

You got $1200 to spend the are better building a system from scratch!

Joe User wrote:
Hello nobozoz,

A question for the HWG -
Costco has the Dell XPS 435T with i7-920 2.66 GHz CPU, 6 GB of RAM for
$1000 ~ $1200 US depending on bundled options/video card etc.
Are they reliable?
Are they more or less 'generic' as far as power supply, mobo layout, etc
or are they so proprietary that only Dell can service it?
If not one of these, what would you recommend for photo-editing, light
gaming and general number-crunching (Mathcad, Excel, Matlab, R, Scilab).
Acer, Lenovo, Toshiba, ASUS, MSI...  lots of better choices. IMHO.

------- End of Original Message -------