I wasn't using a wii, but the reason I moved up was the same as yours. Then, after having gotten all my stuff moved to the larger card, I went to back them up. Each time, the backup would crap out. I would suggest anyone getting a bigger card for lots of data to test them hard before trusting any data to them.