Oh yeah forgot that when I upgraded my game box from XP Home to Vista Home Premium Upgrade I was no longer able to boot into XP (not that I wanted to). It used to irk me that every time I booted that I had to choose Vista or wait the default 30 seconds before the process continued. I came across an interesting little tip about that:

http://windows7center.com/tutorials/skip-the-boot-selection-screen-and-boot-right-into-windows-7/

Steve Tomporowski wrote:
Sorry to break up the echoes, but I gotta question!

I've been thinking about this for a while. Both my machines here have XP installed. I would like to play around with Vista and/or 7, but at least in Vista's case, 'they' say that it cannot coexist with XP due to the erasure of System Restore Files.

But I'm always skeptical of what 'they' say, mainly because 'they' generally have a very narrow viewpoint of the world.

HOWEVER

Is there a way for either or both to exist with XP. The first and most obvious ploy is to swap hard drives on a tray, but what about installing each on their own drives and going from there?

Just looking for some cute ideas.

Thanks...Steve

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4286 (20090728) __________

http://www.eset.com