Or for $25 I got Acronis True Image which makes the boot disc for you and can backup directly to CD/DVD. Added coolness factor it will incorporate other Acronis tools into the boot CD like Disk Director.

Ghost? Partition Magic? BackupExec? All good products sold to a bad companies that have bastardized them.

Soren wrote:
Hey FP,

Your message made me think a little further.

The boot disk used must have support for standard IDE ATAPI drives to be able to burn images to CD/DVD. The primary force of Ghost is not any longer (since v5.0, I believe) making an image to a HDD, but instead making images to CD-R/DVD-R, including disk spanning, boot CD and all that jazz.

If anyone has a mirror, I can provide a working boot floppy together with instructions how to burn this onto a bootable CD that the computer sees as an A:\ or C:\ drive. Jim E...?

The floppy was originally downloaded from bootdisk.com some years ago, so knock yourself out.

Having everything one needs on a bootdisk, including complete O/S, is not too bad. I'm writing this from such a disk ;)