Well, today the problem again failed to appear....

Joe User wrote:
Hello Steve,

Sunday, September 13, 2009, 5:09:56 AM, you wrote:

WinXP fully patched.  As mentioned before, been having strange little
problems, mostly fixed by creating new user, but still stuff there, so
I've replaced the kingston memory with OCZ.  After replacement, on first
boot, everything looked fine until ESET came up and then it hung. Cursor movement, nothing else, not even Task Manager came up. Powered
down and rebooted and now everything is fine.

Transient thing? Lurking problem? I have no idea. Since it ain't broken now, how can I fix it?

No issues with ESET here, running multiple copies on all different
platforms and including all different versions. You can remove or
reinstall to help Dx the issue. I doubt Eset is the problem, but...

database 4422 (20090913) __________

http://www.eset.com