Zul,
I know you are a heavy user, but please explain the "8 threads in the
task mangler." I am confused. Why is this important or even germain to Winterlight's question? How is this "work-in-my-home" related?
Best,
Duncan

Zulfiqar Naushad wrote:
Actually if you look at performance per watt ratings the i5 does
better.  I just bought an i7 so I could see 8 threads in task
manager.

------Original Message------ From: Winterlight Sender:
hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com ReplyTo: hardware@hardwaregroup.com Subject: [H] I5 I7 ?? Sent: Sep
28, 2009 11:35 PM

My 2nd PCs motherboard has apparently died so I am looking at a upgrade, motherboard, ram and CPU. The I5 is the cheapest at 200 but
 there is a 800 series I7 for 80 bucks more... why wouldn't I want to
 go with the I7>

It is getting so you need to take a class to figure out Intel /AMD
CPU lines.