Last time I took a laptop to bits (back in 2002), it was an old Dell
Inspiron 5000, Dell had all the instructions for assembly/disassembly on
their web site. It was very easy with the instructions.

-----Original Message-----
From: hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com
[mailto:hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of GPL
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 10:16 AM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: [H] Installing 600m Cover Assembly

I've done the research and discovered the "Control Power Button Cover
Assembly" is the part that is broken on my Inspiron 600m old laptop.
Anyone ever take one of these apart and put them together?

I've worked on many a PC tower but nothing really on laptops.

Its broken on the left hinge where there are two screws now exposed
and broken plastic. All still works but the LCD is not very stable and
looks lousy.

Am I supposed to completely open the laptop to get at this area or is
there an easier path to replacing this cover assembly?

Pictures available upon request.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, please notify the
sender
and delete all copies immediately. The sender believes this message and any
attachments
were sent free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse, and other forms of malicious
code.
This message and its attachments could have been infected during transmission.
The
recipient opens any attachments at the recipient's own risk, and in so doing,
the
recipient accepts full responsibility for such actions and agrees to take
protective
and remedial action relating to any malicious code. Travelport is not liable
for any
loss or damage arising from this message or its attachments.