On Mon, 26 Oct 2009, Rick Glazier wrote:

I only Googled this... (Never used it.)

"Q.Is WSUS free? A.
Yes. Windows Server Update Services is free and is available to
download at no cost. Each managed client requires a
Windows Server CAL.
To download the software, see the Download WSUS page."

That might be a deal killer...

<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466205.aspx>

We have enough CAL's for the machines I will be managing at a time. When the machines are no longer managed (I.E. -- returned to regular windows update) that will free up the server CAL.

Christopher Fisk
--
You know you're using the computer too much when:
at the beach with your laptop, you run emerge -C bikini

believed to be clean.