I'm looking to get my 4 year old daughter a laptop also.

Any recommendations on something in the 400 dollars range?

No netbooks.

On Nov 8, 2009 9:30 AM, "Scott Sipe" <csco...@gmail.com> wrote:

Looking for a business laptop (no games, integrated graphics fine), in the
15" range, good for mixed home / travel use (sturdy and not terribly heavy).
Nothing that special--web browsing, remote desktop, outlook, and some java
software (sucks the memory, but runs fine on older systems), etc.

We've been getting Dells, but I used a Lenovo a couple weeks ago that I was
pretty impressed with.

Any recent laptop brand advice / experience would be appreciated.

Scott