From: hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com
[mailto:hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of Steve
Tomporowski
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 8:21 AM
To: The Hardware List
Subject: [H] Media Servers

A week ago I finally pulled the trigger and bought my first HD TV (32"
1080p Insignia, it was on sale!).  Finally this weekend settled it in
the place where it will stay, now I'm looking for something to send my
media files to it.  It does have a VGA input, so the computer on the
other side of the wall can run video to it, but that's awkward.  So I
figured on some kind of media server.  Is there anything good out
there?  I've seen a bunch of Linksys units on Newegg that handle a
large amount of formats.  As these good?

Incidentally, my first time watching HD (now two Sunday's worth of
football), I love the detail and especially how much more of the field
you can see.  But I also noticed that Hi Def can show you things you
don't want to see.  I'm not talking about blemishes or
cuts/bruises/blood.  I'm talking....NOSE HAIRS.  Amazing how much of
that I can see now.....;-)

Ah, but I really want to know what people are using for media
servers.....

Thanks...Steve