I would be very skeptical of anyone selling you "pick-proof" locks or the
such.  It has been proven time and time again that such things do not
exist.  Even these companies that bilk the US government and security
agencies several hundred dollars for each lock are really just ripping them
off.  And of course, a good lock is only as good as the windows or door
frame around it, which can usually be smashed open anyways.

I think you're on the right approach by assuming that thieves will get in
and the goal would be to increase the time it takes to make off.  Also, you
might want to try deterrent-type activities, like very obvious video cameras
(with fake red lights, even if they aren't hooked to anything), signs, and
good lighting.

Brian Weeden
Technical Advisor
Secure World Foundation <http://www.secureworldfoundation.org>