There are many hardware reviews on Intel boards on the web covering Gigabyte mobo's. I swear by Giabyte and have 3 boxes running their boards. Good luck!

Anthony Q. Martin wrote:
Folks,

I need to upgrade my work computer to something more modern (which runs Win7 fine).

What I'm like to do is move the mobo from my home machine to my office machine, so the new mobo would come to my home machine.

This current machine has a Gigabit mobo and runs a dual core CPU 3.0 GHz. This machine gets a 5.5/7.9 on the WEI, so it handles Win7 just fine.
The office machine is old, though. Pentium 4 3.6 GHz.
So, what should I get for the home mobo? I'm no gamer, though I used to dream of such. I've been making lots if high-def videos, though, at 720p. I'd like to move to 1080p, if possible.

All of the processor options are just mind boggling, it seems. I think I want to stay intel, so I'm not sure why....should I go with this i7 line cpus? I like Gigabytes mobos, so I'm thinking I'll stay in the line (I still have two PCs with Gigabyte mobos and both seem to run fine.

So, where should I buy? I don't need top of the line, but I'm thinking of running Win7 64bit with at least 4 GB of ram.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.