So OK...........

The Intel 160 gig SSD finally arrived Friday....................

WinPE and MiniPE would not ghost my old drive to it, the Win7 drive selection
was grayed out for some reason..

Finally found a sweet Freeware disk copy program from EaseUS that does sector
by sector copies and works with any OS.....

It's a bootable CD rom image that does internal and external drives just fine.
I had my old drive on a USB cable and it found everything just
fine and managed 1.5 gigs a minute on the copy even over the somewhat slow USB
connection.

http://www.easeus.com/disk-copy/

So I ghosted my "old" (10 months is really not that old) 180 gig VelociRaptor
drive to the new one and rebooted...

Now this is on my 2 year old Core 2 Duo box, Intel D975XBX2 (BadAxe2) but it
still made a big difference...

Since it's dual boot, XP/Win7, I get a selection screen after BIOS runs, etc...

From hitting <Enter> on that screen, Windows 7 now boots up in 15 seconds..

Windows XP (lots more stuff loaded into it) boots in 20 seconds....

2-3 times faster than before, even when I had a 10K rpm VelociRaptor for the
boot drive.......

Wowza.....

Not sure if it's worth the 460 bucks for the SSD though since I use the iMac 90
percent of the time anyhow these days.  :)

But.......................

The times they are a-changin'.........

This little 2.5 inch SSD only weighs like 2 ounces, and it seemed so small and
dinky, almost like a toy...

But it is fast and speedy and reliable and even has a 5 year warranty........

Cheers....

--
JRS
stei...@pacbell.net