Sorry Bobby, got you and Anthony mixed up. Good point about getting the best to avoid upgrades for several years. That's the reason I was aiming for a 5850 but when it came down to it, just can't justify spending that much for one component. And really the 5770 that I got is so much better than the 4850 it replaced.

On 1/15/2010 10:30 AM, Bobby Heid wrote:
Stan,

I do some gaming.  Mostly single player Call of Duty and games like that.  I
do run fold...@home and s...@home.  I was using the GPU for Seti, but it put
out way too much heat.  Basically, when I was building the system, I was
trying to get the most I could that I wanted to pay for.  That way, I don't
have to spend more and upgrade the GPU in a couple of years.

My memory gives me a 7.8 with 6GB of Corsair Dominators.

Bobby

-----Original Message-----
From: hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com
[mailto:hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of Stan Zaske
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 3:01 PM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] New Video Card survey

I'm curious Bobby, since you don't game what do you need a GTX 285 for.
Are you fold...@home or doing some Cuda stuff? My hard drive score is
4.8 and memory is 7.4 by the way.

On 1/13/2010 8:44 PM, Bobby Heid wrote:
I just installed Win 7 on my machine.  I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 285
graphics card that I have had for about 9 months now.  This card gives me
7.4 for both graphics scored.

My HD score is a lowly 5.9.  This is with a VelociRaptor for the boot
drive
and 3 1TB WD black drives.  I have dreams of SSDs.  LOL.

Bobby