Try XP mode in Win7.

From: Winterlight <winterli...@winterlight.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 10:17:41
To: <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Subject: [H] Bioshock

I picked up Bioshock last month on one of those games for 5 dollars
deals. I installed it in Win 7 64 bit and started playing it but
after a while it just didn't feel that smooth. My hardware is a Q9650
with 8 GB of RAM, Velociraptor, and two 4970s in Win 7 PRO ... but
not running crossfire. I didn't need crossfire as I could run at 2560
X 1600 on my 30 inch monitor and it installed with all ,maxed on the graphics.

I thought maybe it is a compatibility issue. So I booted (dual boot)
into my previous Vista 64 which I had stripped down to basics... no
av, no firewall, no nothing running, and this time crossfire
enabled.  This did feel better but eventually, as I progressed
through the game I started getting video artifacts = red stars
appearing during game play, in large numbers, and then locks, and
crashes and a inability to remember my keyboard settings.

I tried the latest ATI drivers, a reinstall of the game (there is no
patch), and then tried booting back to win7 to see if I experienced
the same thing.. and I did. So is this just a XP32 sort of game or is
there something I can do to continue?

thanks