Thanks for the feedback.  I just finished reading this absolutely fantastic
article on SSDs over at Anandtech:

http://anandtech.com/storage/showdoc.aspx?i=3631

Must read for anyone either wanting to understand just how different SSDs
are from spinning hard drives or looking to buy one.  His conclusions are
that while the Gen 2 Intel SSDs have the best performance (largely due to
the properly implementation of TRIM) they are expensive.  He has been using
a cheaper Vertex in his personal machine for months and loves it.  And
everything else (especially the SSDs with Jmicron controllers or Samsung
NAND chips) is crap.

Brian Weeden
Technical Advisor
Secure World Foundation <http://www.secureworldfoundation.org>