Please forgive my curiosity. I'd like to know.
Best,
Duncan

On 02/10/2010 18:21, Vincent Winterling wrote:
Seems so, I was getting it in Vista too. I finally just chose to hide it.

Vincent Winterling
Vineland, NJ

-----Original Message-----
From: hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com
[mailto:hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of DSinc
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 4:57 PM
To: Hardware Group
Subject: [H] Realtek on-board NIC question

I still use XPsp3. My Asus m/b's do use Realtek on-board NIC chips.
I use them.
For the past 6-8 months, MS WinUpdate suggests that I STILL need to
update my driver for:

Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) PCI-E Gigbit Ethernet NIC

OK. Fine....
I have updated my NIC driver each month, as best I can, from the Realtek
website. It appears that I still do NOT have a MS compatible NIC driver.
I give up!

I've been so burned in the past using MS "suggested" drivers from the
"Custom" Update view. I usually just blow it off.  But, this Update
bitch is now 8 months old!

Does MS just not care for Realtek?  I can solve this by just plugging in
Intel GBit NIC cards. I just do not want too ATM,....(unless I have to,
just to make MS happy again.)

Is there a battle between MS and Realtek? Confused I am.....
Best,