You're entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. My first Nvidia card was a Riva 128 which as you may remember was THE 1st 3D integrated video card ever sold and I stand by my opinion. As I said, when Nvidia diversified into their 1st chipsets they bled their video card driver efforts into other ventures. Clearly you're pissed at the company and I understand. Their upper management who CONTROL the software engineers are asshats for sure. They still have the best talent in the industry IMHO because they clearly have the MOST experience at it.

On 3/1/2010 10:58 AM, jason.to...@cliffordchance.com wrote:
That makes no sense.....you are blaming hardware designers and bean counters
for poor programming.

nVidias  driver creators were ABYSMAL for 2 solid years and I have still seen nothing
since the first properly working Vista driver that has made me go "wow, excellent
work"......so 3 years + of creating barely stable drivers and you still want to
argue they are the best driver engineers? 0_o

I would sure like to see the evidence of your claim.....because from where I
have been sat these last few years, I have seen something completely different!

And that's only the purely technical POV.....all before we talk about the
under-handed tactics they have done with disabling driver features when they
detect there is an AMD card in the system also........

-----Original Message-----
From: hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com
[mailto:hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of Stan Zaske
Sent: 01 March 2010 15:40
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] ATI CATALYST 10.2&  10.3 Driver Preview - Final Thoughts and
conclusions

They are the best in the world and only fail when management and bean
counters have them dilute their efforts with chipsets and other hardware
that causes them to neglect their video card line which is their real
bread and butter. Their latest serious dumb move was the same with their
last video card line only much worse. They make the mistake of creating
a behemoth of a chip die with the wrong process to support. 65 nm was
too big for the last gen and 40 is too big for their current
developement. And I wouldn't count on TSMC coming to their rescue with a
die shrink like they did with 65nm->55nm last year. It will be quite
some time until 28nm comes on line and that is what Nvidia needs for the
rumored April 26 announcement. AMD/Ati will dominate video card sales
this year because of that design decision from Nvidia. And I expect that
with the improved business confidence of AMD's (and greatly improved
cash flow) due to recent events they will do much to improve driver side.