Could she be talked through d/loading & installing 'Everything' - http://www.voidtools.com/ and then use wildcard filter to find & copy jpg's etc to another location?
Everything is amazingly fast, a few seconds to index 1000's of files.

From: "Robert Martin Jr." <lopa...@pacbell.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2010 4:50 AM
To: <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Subject: [H] Any list members near Penryn, CA ??

I have a family friend that had something happen to her computer (don't know if viral or user error), but needs to get all her digital pictures off the box. I'm assuming it would be an easy recovery for any experienced list member, but it is way beyond her level. She somehow copied all her temp files into the documents folder and there are so many files she can't list or view them in that directory any longer. I was thinking a BART or Hirens CD to copy the files off to an external device.

lopaka

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4941 (20100313) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 4942 (20100313) __________