I have a COX cable Premium account and I pay though the nose for it. Their basic entry level account is 19 bucks a month and I pay 56 for 10 down and 2 up. But this week they upgraded my area to doc3. Surprisingly they will be able to update the firmware in my Motorola Surfboard doc2 modem without me doing anything. Before they did that they called me to come out and check my lines to make sure everything was in order and because their tests indicated my modem was out of range... which turned out to be caused by a filter on my line. They tell me after the upgrade they will be able to deliver up to 45 down.The timing was fortuitous because I have a new Plasma TV on the way .

They cable guy was great, he checked all my fittings, checked the drop line and replaced all the connectors gave me new splitters and even made a special cable for me for my plasma which isn't hear yet. But the real thrill was doing speed tests. Before he came this morning I did a speed test, the one Cox tech uses, and I got 10.9 down and 4 up which is better then what I am paying for. But after he did the work and left, I ran it again. www.winterlight.org/speed.jpg