I second that. Last year installed Win7 64bit and never thought of going back. Drivers, for the most part, are no longer a problem. I even got an update driver from M-Audio (that's why it snowed in Maine this weekend....)

Steve

On 4/29/2010 6:38 PM, Gary wrote:
Go for 64bit and use all memory.....no reason not to.

-----Original Message-----
From: hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com [mailto:hardware-
boun...@hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of Bino Gopal
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 5:25 PM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: [H] Win7 Ent 32-bit vs 64-bit?

Hey guys, we have a site volume license for Windows-I might not be being
precise about this as I'm not sure, but I work at Citrix Systems, Inc. and
we're
a pretty close Microsoft partner and so get licenses for a lot of MS
software
so I think that's what it is (in case it matters).  For example, I have to
authenticate to the KMS server using slmgr.vbs from my laptop, and have
been having issues reaching it and just got it figured out recently!

Anyway, I want to install Win7 Enterprise (that's what we get; basically
Ultimate minus the games right?) on my somewhat new laptop and was
wondering whether I wanted the 32bit or 64-bit version...  I know you get
the
full support of the 4GB of RAM on the 64-bit version (well, that you can
actually address/use over 3GB) and btw I only have 4GB on this laptop...

But are there any other reasons to go 64-bit?  Or are there reasons not to
go
64-bit still, like app/program compatability/issues?  I'm not going to be
playing many games on it (though I might install one or two simpler ones
for
travel), but that's not a main concern for me...

Thanks for any input!

BINO