Well for stereo mode w/ headset no real advantage above AC97's though some of the crap mobo makers are using have major driver support issues (ADI Soundmax in my case) where they don't update & the ODM won't release updates either.

As far as bluray I meant if the drives are cheap then having the ability to read data and/or video discs could be an worthwhile investment.