What you really need to do is ditch the card for something like a 5450 (full hd
bitstream over hdmi, dxva h264) or a 4350 (lpcm over hdmi, basic bitstream and
dxva).  Better performance, reliable
------Original Message------
From: Thane Sherrington
Sender: hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
ReplyTo: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: [H] Question on video card for HTPC
Sent: May 13, 2010 7:10 AM

I have an HTPC with an X1650 video card that I'm playing back 720p
using VLC player.  It works wonderfully, but when I try 1080p, I'm
getting intermittent chop.  What would be a good, inexpensive, lower
power PCIe video card for an HTPC, and should I switch from VLC
player to something else?  I've been reading that KMPlayer is better
(in the free world) or I should move to ZoomPlayer or CoreAVC (I used
Zoomplayer on my old HTPC, but the license wouldn't move to the new one.)

Sent via BlackBerry