I got in a Dlink (DAP-1522) wireless bridge today.

Using it and getting my laptop on the internet was easy, as both have WPS. But it defaulted to 2.4 GHz band...and some initial file transfers showed it to be around 6 to 9 MB/s. Not too bad. But this is to be for the AV stuff and be located downstairs.

Getting into the admin to reset it proved to be a bear. I finally had to call the support...which I got through to quickly.

Anyway, the lady talked me through it, I got into the admin...switched it over to the 5 GHz network....and then got out and now i have internet on the laptop.

However, file transfers are about half of what they were!!!!

I should point out that I have a 5.8 GHz phone system in there. I note the range of the 2.4 band is: 2.4 to 2.483 GHz. The range of the 5 GHz band is: 5.15 to 5.825 GHz. A footnote says the DAP-1522 won't do 5.25-5.35 GHz or 5.47-5.725GHz, which is an awfully big gap.

Is it worth the effort to try change channels? I'm on channel 6 on the 2.4 band and 153 on the 5 GHz band. Or, should I just go back to the 2.4 band and be happy?

Being happy seems to be a lot of work!!!!!!!!!!!!!