From: maccrawj <maccr...@gmail.com>
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Sent: Sun, May 16, 2010 10:53:04 AM
Subject: Re: [H] Yet another stumbler

1? Dunno what routers you work with but of Linksys, DLink, & Netgear's I've
seen they
all default to center which is 6. Do a scan of any neighborhood and that's
where
you'll find 99% of the WAPs.

As I said, this is likely because 1 & 11 have major attenuation at their
respective
lower & upper edge of spectrum because there is not enough room to fit 20mhz
centered
on the extremes. Showing the actual width characteristics is one of the nice
things
about how InSSIDer displays scans.