This is driving me nuts.  At some point in the last few weeks, my copy of
Word 2007 has decided that every time I open a Word document, it will turn
on track changes and set the view to "final".  This is incredibly annoying,
since it means I have to go in and change those settings so I can actually
tell if people made changes or comments in a document.

I've tried deleting my normal word template and completly
uninstalling/reinstalling Office to no avail.  Googling seems to turn out a
lot of stuff about track changes but nothing with regard to this issue.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this before I tear my hair out?

Brian Weeden
Technical Advisor
Secure World Foundation <http://www.secureworldfoundation.org>
+1 (514) 466-2756 Canada