From: hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com
[mailto:hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of Rick Glazier
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 4:18 PM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] Seagate 7200.11 BSY error & fix

I have a quick question (I hope).

I used the "drive and serial number" checking stuff at the Seagate site
a while back, (06-12-09) and found a couple drives that needed
their firmware upgraded manually BY ME, done locally, AND in
ADVANCE of problems with NEW firmware provided by the
Seagate site for my SPECIFIC drives.

This was a proactive step to prevent the drive bricking itself.
(Hopefully.)

Is this the same problem, but a manual repair to "un-brick"
a drive that was never firmware updated?
Sure sounds the same...

Thanks in advance.   Rick Glazier

From: "Tim Lider"