Do you need something like this to help you get involved in virtualization
professionally?  what are you looking to do specifically in terms of
virtualization technology?

I took vmware training classes before, it was a waste of money to get
certified, even the trainer acknowledged as much - if you do
virtualization/storage as part of your profession, it will reflect in your
work experience.  the cert doesn't mean much, no industry standard.  I was
doing a lot of vmware/netapp/netbackup back then, had to get officially
trained in all of them, part of company protocol.