It seems unlikely that one machine could consume all backplane bandwidth,
even on cheap unmanaged switches. Most all modern switches I've seen have
"non-blocking backplane bandwidth", which means that every port can be
transmitting and receiving at full bandwidth at the same time without
performance degradation.