JRS,
Interesting. Foxit had been go good and quiet for so long, I never thought to suspect Foxit. I still find FireFox's under the hood navigation confusing and frustrating. I'm still learning. I spent ~3hrs this AM at the Foxit forums. Hmm...... Seems Foxit may be having some growth issues too. Win7 seems to be causing lots of issues for everyone. Not surprising ATM.

About the "plugin thing," I don't even recall seeing the FF plugin until recently. The first one I recall was in late V3 and just took it as normal and necessary. Yes, the "plugin" for FF seems to be an issue. I'll just be patient and watch developments.
Thanks,
Duncan