First, Acronis drive letters do not necessarily match Windows drive letters.
Acronis just assigns letters to make it easier to work with. The 100MB
partition was created by Windows Setup to allow you to, at some point in the
future, enable Bitlocker drive encryption without having to create the small
boot partition at that time. It may also load some small recovery tools to
it, but I'm not sure.

> What happens if I restore this to a fresh HD on the same PC?
>
> Will I have a C drive of 100MB and a D drive with the O/S and Programs?!

No, it won't be assigned a drive letter within Windows. You DO want to back
up and restore the 100MB partition, however.