On Thu, 29 Jul 2010, Thane Sherrington wrote:

Since I live in Canada, and it looks like we aren't going to get the Droid X, I'm looking for other options. I've read that the HTC Desire is good. Anyone have any suggestions (other than the iPhone, which I think I'll take a pass on?) :)

I really like the Droid by Motorola. Has a slide up screen for an actual keyboard and for what I do that is required. Battery life is acceptable, although nothing to write home about, I would keep a charger at work, in car and at home and top it off whenever you can.

I saw the Droid X, and it looks good, but I also noticed a lot of junk installed. Doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but still annoying.

I do things like ssh into our linux servers and use that to tunnel to our terminal servers or workstations and the keyboard is a must have feature for me.

Make sure whichever phone you end up getting has the features you want. GPS isn't on every phone, etc.

Christopher Fisk
--
Inara: "It wasn't entirely a disaster."
Mal: "I got stabbed! Right here!"