Bummer, my 5770 has run flawlessly since last year with every driver release to date. Bad card me thinks..

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 10:51:53 -0500, Gary <gm...@verizon.net> wrote:

My 5770 sucks.........constantly "display driver has stop working"
(10.7)......will not run SC2.

-----Original Message-----
From: hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com [mailto:hardware-
boun...@hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of tmse...@rlrnews.com
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 10:39 AM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] come on guys

Core i7-875k is best bang for the buck. Its half the cost of the 870, just
as fast
and unlocked. Win-win-win

Nvidia to me has really f'd up the last two generations in the value
department.   An ati 5770 or better will handle anything you throw at it

Ssd's are now cheap enough that you can get an intel 80gb for a boot drive
and then grab a 2tb or so data drive.  I just grabbed a 2tb over the
weekend
for $99. That's the solution.

If your going the otherway, or you want a cheap mediacenter, i3 is good,
amd
makes a solid board/chip combo for a basic mce.

It all boils down to what kind of budget you have

Sent via BlackBerry