Hello Duncan,

Most BSOD's are caused by malware on the computer interfering with the network
settings, and not by poor drivers as many tend to believe.

The best possible (free) solution to this is:

www.safernetworking.org - pls donate a few bucks to keep him running...

Remember to update the .def files.

Else, Symantec 360 is a premium home solution, but this one should be installed
on an absolutely clean system.

HTH.

/s

DSinc wrote:
Is there yet a plausible web site I can go to and punch in BSOD code numbers and get a reply in something other than terse MS program-blish?

OK, my newest install seems to have a "DRIVER" problem. Fine. The only "drivers" loaded are for the m/b, and/or my chosen A/V SW? I can accept that these default drivers might be behind the curve, but I can NOT read this in the rather terse responses.

I am still working thru trying to get the basic m/b drivers up to date.
Wondering?
Best,