POP can be set to leave messages on the server.

Think of IMAP like a web based service. Hotmail, for example.
You can be on any PC, anywhere and your hotmail is the same.
Any changes you make, delete, move, whatever - is how it is wherever you
are.
IMAP can be a tad slower in my experience. Depends on many factors.
I will never go back to POP.

Regards,
joeuser - Still looking for the 'any' key...

"...now these points of data make a beautiful line..."