I always keep my best stuff at home. :) Something feels wrong about taking
my best gear to work...but I do spend more time at home than at work. I have
a lot of flexibility to work from home when I want to, so it's helpful in
that situation too.

The best case for the Asus is the panel itself I think. Text, already hugely
improved over most displays by virtue of the smaller dot pitch, looks even
better on the PB278Q, which I believe is due to better contrast (improved
black level). Frankly, text quality is what won me over on the 27" 2560x1440
size/resolution. It's incredible. The PLS panel is the same one Samsung uses
on some of their more expensive displays--and in this case, it's an A+ grade
panel, not A- as you find on most of the cheaper/import IPS units. IPS and
PLS are very similar technology wise--PLS is really just Samsung's take on
LG's IPS. The fully adjustable stand (height adjustment, tilt, rotate, and
pivot) is certainly also an improvement. The screen is so large that I'm not
sure that rotating to portrait mode is really practical, but the option is
nice.

Couple all of that with a good internal scaler and the no-compromise
complement of input options--including DisplayPort, my preferred choice--and
it was an easy decision for me. The only real downside is that it uses a
relatively low cycle frequency for PWM backlight control, but I didn't know
about it beforehand and it hasn't bothered me at all. There's a long forum
thread on this particular model if you're interested:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1713774