Thanks
chalk it up to a undocumented feature :'(
I will try the other cable though, just for grins.
Fp

At 08:53 AM 3/16/2013, Greg Sevart Poked the stick with:
Unfortunately, I think this just happens sometimes. I've had it happen with
multiple models of Dell, Auria and Asus monitors, with multiple generations
of AMD and nvidia GPUs, on multiple motherboards/platforms, across multiple
OS versions, and over multiple interfaces (DP and DVI). In my case, power
cycling the monitor (by way of the switch) usually resolves. I run multiple
monitors, and when it happens, it usually affects only one display. I've
given up trying to resolve and have just accepted it as an (infrequent)
side-effect of using power saving.

-----Original Message-----
From: hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com
[mailto:hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of FORC5
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2013 12:24 AM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: [H] weird monitor bug

Recently bought a Samsung 3D monitor, not using 3D so I have no idea
why I did that but the bug is sometimes the monitor will not wake up
with the computer. Can be set for screen saver only or monitor sleep,
no difference.
cable is display port. I have to pull the power off the monitor and
plug it back in and it comes back so is not the computer not waking.

Anyone seen this bug ? was thinking of going back to the HDMI cable
and see if that helps.

Any ideas appreciated. Video card is a GTX 680. DM just shows generic
display driver installed.
Thanks
fp

Date:  Friday, March 15th, 2013