The fake FBI virus is annoying, do you know if his user account had admin
rights?  Generally you can create a new user account and clean it from
there.  I like to yank the hard drive and scan from a known clean system,
but you can also just make a backup of his current profile and delete the
existing one and recreate/restore data.