So today I am replacing my two switches.
Out with my old Dell PC2716's.
In with new Netgear GS116NA's.
First one done,...........BUT, ever since install all connected ports constantly blink indicating chronic activity. OK, I know that clients and devices need to re-introduce themselves to each other. FINE. But, it has been an hour! And theconstantport blinking continues.

Am I living through another 'Master Browser' scenario?

I am aware that my Netgear NAS's can be guilty of self-promotion to 'Master Browser status.' Fine. Sadly, nobody at the forum wishes to share 'why' this behavior continues. Bummer.
I will deal with this issue on the Readynas Forum, later.

Aside from this, is chronic port blinking normal on Netgear switches???
A returning user wishes to know!
Thanks,