I have a similar setup to what you're talking about.  I think that having
the FIOS box do the DHCP and routing but not WIFI is the easier way to go.
 In effect you would have access point(s)  doing the WIFI.  If you got the
right models you could run DDWRT or TOMATO for superior performance and
features.

--
Best Regards,

Zulfiqar Naushad