Well engineered? Pfft! Apple stopped being top notch quality when they
jumped from Motorola processors & SCSI decades ago. It's the same or
worse Taiwan or China manufacturing subcontractors that make everyone
else's products. For the amount they charge vs. identical spec "PC" it
better last a real long time! $1300 for 13in? $2000+ for 15in, right!

That said Apple as always gets by using older, proven components and
likely is not trying to squeeze any OC margin out of them and then use
a metal case which has got to be pulling heat away from the components
better. All the laptop vendors should be doing the metal case part
IMHO and then coating key contact areas of the case in Plasti Dip.