thanks to all that replied, took the Toshiba back ( gotta love Costco)
went with a Alienware 17"
pricey but looks well built.
fp

At 01:44 PM 11/18/2013, Julian Zottl Poked the stick with:
I wouldn't buy a Lenovo... Just look up their security issues.

HP/Dell are solid brands. I'm still lugging around their "portable workstation" after 5 years and only recently has it started to fall apart.

Alienware still makes a good box

Sagers are BEASTS.

Julian

Sent from my iProduct, cause I'm iSpecial.... But not in that ishort bus kind of way...

Date:  Monday, November 18th, 2013

       ***Caution, Tagline Below ***
                **Tallyho**
   A rolling stone is better than a bird