From: hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com
[mailto:hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of Winterlight
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2013 5:33 PM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: [H] Greg >>Asus P9X79 WS

I built my new PC around the Asus P9X79 WS you recommended. It is a great
board, worth every penny. It has every possible thing on it...
except for ESATA which I need and bought a separate card for. The BIOS is
great, the USB BIOS flash is great... I used that before I installed
anything...but I was surprised that there was no Asus windows utilities for
the board. I did get all the latest drivers for the board from the website
but I looked around on the CD and didn't find anything special. Am I missing
something?

I went from a X9650 running at 3.33Ghz  with 16 GB of RAM to this 4930K
running stock with 32 GB of RAM. Encoding a TS file into a mkv file is three
times faster . It is very impressive and well worth the extra cost of the
CPU, and board. Interestingly I paid about the same price for the CPU in 08
that I just paid for the 4930K this month.
The  P9X79 WS  was about a hundred dollars more then my existing ASUS
Formula Maximus II. But my old setup has performed exemplary for me, without
a single problem, running five years  24/7 ... and still going stable and
strong.