From: hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com
[mailto:hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of Winterlight
Sent: Wednesday, January 8, 2014 10:38 PM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: [H] Greg >>>P9X79WS

Greg...My board started out with 4 x 8 =32GB Crucial Ballistix 8GB
DDR3- 1866 CL10  of which Crucial guarantees compatibility with the P9X79WS
Last week there was a very good sale on these on Amazon Prime so I bought
two more DIMMS for a total of six = 48 GB. I want to run a huge RAM drive.

  I have installed them in the exact slots as recommended in the Asus
manual. The board is running the latest October 10th 2013, 4040 firmware. I
see all six DIMMS installed and recognized in the BIOS...
but the BIOS only totals up 40 of the 48GB. Windows, likewise, sees only
40GB. I will contact ASUS about this but you don't have any thoughts on why
I am missing the 8GB...do you?